Please read this entire page carefully.
We offer a delightful pilgrimage to one of the world’s most beautiful places in the company of loving, caring guides and fellow pilgrims. Your safety and enjoyment are our top concerns, with warm hospitality and careful attention to detail.
Our pilgrimage will be led by Christopher McCauley, a master spiritual teacher and spiritual director with extensive experience in leading retreats, international pilgrimages, spiritual organizations, and teaching spiritual practices. Frank Ramirez will facilitate our hospitality, bringing years of previous experience on a number of international pilgrimages, including Italy, Turkey, Greece, Israel and Palestine and Jordan. Learn more about the guides here >
This contemplative journey to France is offered as a Pilgrimage Package that includes round-trip airfare and other services to achieve the maximum benefit/savings to you. From your arrival at Toulouse, France to your departure in Marseille, all costs associated with transportation on land, key meals (as listed), guides, presentations, scheduled programs, site visits, and worship are included in the paid fee for the trip. While the fees below cover flights between Los Angeles and France only, travelers from other states are certainly welcome to join us and will receive a flight credit on airfare after they register.
Travel Options & Fees
You may choose one of two options that meet your personal preference:
- Travel Option One
$5,225 per person
Shared/double occupancy with private bath throughout trip
- Travel Option Two (very limited quantity! – FULL, not available)
$6,225 per person
Single room with private bath throughout trip
Note: If you are traveling alone and would like a roommate, please check that request on the registration form. We will make every attempt to identify a compatible roommate for you, although we cannot guarantee one.
- Round-trip flight from Los Angeles to Toulouse, France (note: travelers from other states will receive a flight credit)
- Airport Coach at Toulouse Airport and transfer to Rocamadour on May 20, and return to Marseille airport on May 31 for departure and return to Los Angeles and other destinations.
- All government taxes/airline surcharges
- Accommodations at first class, select hotels based on two people sharing a twin-bedded room with private bath throughout.
- Accommodations for three nights in Rocamadoure
- Breakfast daily, plus nine (9) dinners
- Accommodations for five nights in Lourdes
- Accommodations for five nights in Avignon
- Escorted by two spiritual leaders, hospitality host, a ground tour director and professional guides at select locations
- All sight-seeing by private motor coach, with English language guides
- All transfer to/from private coach, including porterage
- All admission fees, hotel taxes and service charges
- $100,000 Flight insurance with the airfare included in this Pilgrimage Package (subject to policy terms and limitations)
Fees DO NOT include:
- Flights to and from France made outside the package from other states.
- Supplemental Travel Insurance for individuals outside the package.
- Main meals not listed (such as lunches)
- Entry charges for elective sites visited during personal free time (eg. museums, side trips etc)
- Personal Expenditures (purchases, gifts, etc.)
How To Register & Pay
Once you have read all of the information on this page, you will find a link at the bottom of this page to request a registration form.
To complete your registration, we must receive  your signed registration form for each pilgrim and  your payment. Acceptance is on a first come, first served basis.
Payments may be made via PayPal (instructions will be given with your registration form) or by check, payable to “Christopher McCauley” with “France 2019” written on the memo line.
Early Registration Discount
We are pleased to again offer an early registration discount! The first six (6) registrations paid in full and received on or prior to December 1, 2018, will receive a $250 credit towards the total fee of the pilgrimage (e.g., If you select Travel Option One, your total price would be $5225. If, however, you are one of the first six registrants paid in full on or prior to December 1, 2018, your total price would be $4975.)
Registration & Payment Deadlines
All participants must submit their registration form and their full or first payment by December 1, 2018.
For those requesting to make multiple installment payments, the schedule is as follows:
- December 1, 2018 – Payment 1
- February 1, 2019 – Payment 2 (for those making 2 or 3 payments)
- March 1, 2019 – Payment 3 (for those making 3 payments)
You will receive a confirmation each time payments are received. Frank Ramirez will respond to all questions regarding registration, travel options, and payments, or questions regarding balances due.
Other Important Info
Your pilgrim guides will provide several pilgrimage updates via email, prior to departure. These emails will help you prepare spiritually for the trip, including suggested readings, contact information for emergencies, and useful tips on what to bring and not bring. An essential part of any pilgrimage is to prepare yourself for spiritual adventure and discovery through key reading, contemplation, and prayer.
Medical & Travel Insurance
It is necessary for all pilgrims to have medical insurance that covers international travel (check your policy). It is highly recommended that you also have travel insurance that covers the cost of flight and trip cancellations. Automatic $100,000 Travel insurance is included in this Pilgrimage Package. (Please note: if our ground guides cancel the trip for any reason, all deposited fees will be returned to you, per tour company guidelines, except for a non-refundable fee of $300.)
Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months after your arrival date of May 16, 2019, or you will not be allowed entrance into France (or most other countries as well). If you need to renew your passport, please do so as soon as possible.
All cancellations must be received by Frank Ramirez via email or letter, effective the date of receipt by McCauley Pilgrimages. Please remember that we have already made deposits for this trip on your behalf, which are not refundable to us. If you must cancel, we are bound by the policy of our pilgrimage tour company, NAWAS International Travel, Inc. A copy of this policy will be included with your signed Registration Form. There is a $300 non-refundable deposit paid by each pilgrim to McCauley Pilgrimages.
Limited food accommodations are available in France, mostly vegetarian options. Significantly restricted diets and/or highly restricted food allergies cannot be accommodated in these diverse venues. Please contact us to discuss any concerns regarding food restrictions.
Ancient cities, ruins, monasteries and other buildings dating back centuries do not have the ADA accommodations with which most Americans are accustomed. Walking is necessary to visit these sites.
Pilgrims should be able to do the following:
- Carry luggage at airports and hotels
- Board coaches
- Walk to and from sacred sites
- Walk up and down steps and/or uneven surfaces (e.g., brick, cobblestone, marble)
There is an elevator at all the hotels used in this trip. Some site locations may have elevators/lifts.
If mobility issues are a concern for you, please contact us to discuss them.
Ready to Register?
— OR —